Wasted Effort

In 2015, I was introduced to the concept of self-improvement.When I compare the efforts put in vs results I've achieved, one HUGE pattern can be identified.

There is a huge gap between the efforts put in and the results obtained. This is primarily due to lack of focus and commitment to ONE particular goal. In the past, that meant following the most shiny object.
For example, working out for only a few months or trying to getting carried away by popular Reddit post on social skills.

I had this realization, when I tried to learn ReactJS in the past, but have only been bouncing from one resource to another, or learning a JS framework one day to learning CSS animations on another.

Below is a framework that will maximize the effectiveness of your efforts.

1) VISION
2) PURPOSE
3) PLAN
4) ACTION
5) FEEDBACK

Vision:- Be clear on your outcome (what you want)
Purpose:- Why? Why NOW? What pleasure will it get you? What pain will it help you avoid?
Plan:- Understand the underlying principles, and formulate a strategy
Action:- Implement the strategy
Feedback:- Analyze the effectiveness and improve it.

Comments

Popular Posts